Scholarships & Awards
College & University Resources
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering assigns the following awards to students for excellence in academics, leadership and service. The awards are presented every year at the annual A. James Clark School of Engineering Honors & Awards Ceremony.
- The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering Outstanding Senior Award is presented to a department senior for outstanding scholastic achievement.
- The Woodward-Clyde Consultants Award is presented to a department junior who has demonstrated outstanding academic achievement.
- The Chi Epsilon Outstanding Senior Award is presented to a department senior for scholarship, character, and congeniality with practical engineering adaptability.
- The Bechtel Award is presented to a department student for demonstrated leadership and service to the student engineering community.
- The Robert L. Morris Award for Environmental Leadership is given to a department junior, senior, or graduate student who has demonstrated through extracurricular activities a commitment to environmental stewardship, ethical engineering practice, or sustainable technology.
- The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering Chair’s Award is presented to a department student for the most significant contribution to the department.
- The American Society of Civil Engineers Outstanding Senior Award is presented to a senior member for outstanding scholastic achievement and for significant service to the chapter.
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering awards a number of scholarships and fellowships listed below. All scholarships require U.S. Citizenship, and each one has distinct requirements that may include: academic merit; financial need (FASFA/ net need); junior/ senior status; MD/VA/DC residency; specific area of study/ interest (construction, structures, environmental, etc); other.
The scholarships are assigned annually, and require an application.
List of Scholarships
- Russell B. Allen Scholarship
- Clark Construction Scholarship
- Clark Enterprise Scholarship
- Alvin Aubinoe Scholarship
- J. Slater Davidson and Louise Davidson Cross Scholarship
- Harkins Fellowship
- Miller and Long Company of Maryland, Inc. Scholarship
- David W. Fitzgibbons Award
- Leonard DiGuilian Scholarship
- James S. Long Scholarship
- John F. Miller, III Scholarship
- James A. Federline Scholarship
- Stanely Zupnik Fellowship
- Dan Waldo Scholarship Fund
- Whiting-Turner Endowed Scholarship
- George M. King Endowment
- Bechtel Fellowship Fund
- Robert Morris Endowment
- Eugene F. Baldi Endowed Scholarship
- Dellburt A. Kidwell, Sr. Memorial
- County Engineers Assoc. of MD Roger H. Willard
- The County Engineers Association of Maryland Roger H. Willard Scholarship in memory of Wilson T. Ballard
- The County of Engineers Association of Maryland Roger H. Willard Scholarship in Memory of John H. Marburger Jr.
- The County of Engineers Association of Maryland Roger H. Willard Scholarship in Memory of George F. Neimeyer
- The Intelligent Transportation Society of Maryland Scholarship
- The Perry Laudenslager Memorial
- The Maryland Section of the American Society of Civil Engineers
- The Richard and Eleanor Reed Scholarship
- The Richard and Stefanie Vogel Endowed Scholarship
- The Weisgerber Undergraduate Scholarship
- Charles A. Irish, Sr. Chair in Civil Engineering
- Robert L. Anderson Memorial Scholarship in Construction Management
- Professor Conrad P. Heins Jr. Scholarship in Structural Engineering
- Ben Dyer Memorial Scholarship
- Tow H. Moy Civil Engineering Scholarship
- Thomas and Barbara Crane Scholarship